Exercise is always good. However, not many people realize the many benefits of aerobics cardio exercises. It’s more advantageous than anaerobic or flexibility exercises but that’s not the only reason why more people choose go with this. The main obvious reason happens to because it can be really enjoyable. However, if you really want to be specific and know the many benefits of an aerobic/cardio exercise, then read on.
Lots of people know that aerobics and other cardiovascular exercises help you to maintain your weight. It raises your metabolic rate while helping you to burn calories. Your metabolic activity can still be heightened even after you spent hours of aerobic/cardiovascular exercises. It can reduce your overall body fat (particularly in the waist), while at the same time decreasing your blood pressure. Another reason why it’s good for weight management is that it reduces your hunger pangs. It suppresses the need to eat a lot by increasing your leptin levels. Leptin is a protein hormone that helps you to regulate your energy intake and expenditure (which includes appetite and metabolism).
Aerobics cardio exercises are known to reduce the risk of many chronic diseases. Due to lowered blood pressure, reduced LDL cholesterol, improved HDL cholesterol, you can worry less about developing diabetes (type 2), osteoporosis, heart disease (which includes coronary artery disease, and coronary heart disease angina), and even cancer. The fact that an aerobic/cardio workout reduces your body weight, contributes to the fact that you’re less likely to develop these types of illnesses. Aside from that, your bone density will also significantly improve if you do some aerobic/cardio exercises. It also lessens the risk of insulin sensitivity by helping you to manage your blood glucose levels. The reduced workload in your pancreas helps to combat metabolic syndrome, apart from helping to protect you from adult-onset diabetes and insulin sensitivity. With regular exercise, you can be assured of stopping the wild fluctuations of your blood sugar flow.
Aerobics cardio exercises also have other benefits other than the major ones that are mentioned above. Below is a list.
* An aerobic/cardio exercise helps you to reduce chronic pain because of your body’s release of natural painkillers called endorphins.
* Aerobic/cardio exercises helps to enhance your immune system and fight off colds, flu, and other infections.
* It makes your body more alert and significantly increases your IQ as well.
* It makes your body heal a lot faster.
* It enhances your mobility, agility, and overall strength.
* It improves your muscle health by stimulating the growth of capillaries in them for better oxygen delivery.
* Aerobic exercises improve your balance and coordination. This is particularly helpful for those who are just recovering from a recent injury or surgery.
* It basically reduces your overall stress. Lower stress means better sleeping patterns, minimal anxiety, and no depression.
Aerobics cardio exercises are certainly very beneficial. There are probably more benefits that are not mentioned in this article, but you can be assured that the ones listed here are the most significant. To play it safe, always consult your doctor before you attempt an exercise that might strain your body.